Creative Commons License
This work by Phyto Hystrix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Hummers, too.

...whatever you do, keep your intentions right; lillahitaala. He will guide you through the hardest paths and darkest days. Smile and fear not any hardship, for He's around. :)

March 3, 11.32 p.m.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

'The Third February 14'

Assalamualaikum and hello there!

February 14, for the third time this year, marked luna-stella's anniversary. Three years ago my fingers first served for a blogger's pleasure, tapping on the keyboard the this and that of my life story as clumsy and innocently honest, a newbie.

Today is pretty much the same, except for I grew up with luna-stella trying to learn be a little more sensitive and alert for issues around the place I stay in and the place I was born in, also open minded when sharing my jar of two cents while keeping up with my own belief and the society's.

Years ago here is where I tell about the fun I had with family and friends. Here is where I talk in Greek when I feel like writing poems (and still do) or was heartbroken, here is where I am transparent-where I feel fairly safe to share my life to the very bit of its pieces. That was then. As time went, dear self has decided not to get carried away ranting about fun stuff all the time, but rather pay a little more attention to what goes on in the world and how it connects to me being a Muslim, a daughter, a future English teacher, a friend, an animal lover, a Malaysian, and a member of the society. All this through the looking glass of a blogger.

Well in three years, I had times when I thought, why I run a blog, should I at any point quit, for whether my readers are able to share my mind has always been a core issue. Thought a million times over, I decided not to stop though at times it didn't feel exciting to lose motivation. So I made this line up: 'once a blogger, always is'. Yeah, you heard it somewhere. It's the scout's 'once a scout, always is'. And it has always been a motivator ever since along with my parents' constant support.

I want to blog because I want to make my habit of gazing into empty spaces thinking about things that wildly pop up worthy of my time. I feel it fun to have them in my blog, where they are read, pondered about, argued and justified. Plus studying teaching in particular, demands the time and effort to spend some time to think, maybe talk and write about issues worthy of attention. I am glad, that my time I mostly spend alone when thinking, are sometimes shared with friends who find pleasure in good arguments and conclusions too.

The point is, there is no use to keep what's in your mind to yourself when you have ideas-so share. We think differently from one another and hey, how nice it is to learn about one thing in as many points of view there are when you talk to acquaintances and blog about it, no?

It has been three years and we're still running. Until I find a better thing to do other than blogging, this will always be one of the best opportunities there is where I can freely express myself with sensible reminder to adhere to the social guidelines-that is the language I use to get my ideas across-and the way I represent myself. I wish to utilise this medium as a platform to speak and be heard while continuously refining my language skills. I wish to learn, as much as I can considering the fact that this blog at its third year is a best reflection of who I am in this blogsphere. Merely a toddler.

There is a lot to learn in the real world. Surprisingly, I turned this place into a quarter of my life too. It's becoming real-and how amazing it is-to give a seemingly unimportant event a deep good thought and realise its significance to quality living and learning.

All you've read in short; 'to blog is to learn'.  Happy Birthday dear luna-stella, my pride and joy. :)


p/s: How d'you find the new background?

4 comments:

Feel like sharing your thoughts? Make yourself at ease! :)