"But I live in this cubicle of firewalls, can't you see? She said. And you are one who chose to stand out among all the other impostors-"
"-Impostors, you call?"
"Impostors," she strained the words.
"Who does what?"
"Who wishes for the world to leave, to vanish, when you yourself are too afraid to leave the world. Hah. Hedonism, that you crave for;"
"Silence!" The other hissed.
"No,you. Not me, not now."
"Oh you. Just what do you know about the world. Hedonism, you say, what do you know about the world!"
"I don't, not much maybe. Well has it any difference on you? What do you know about the world? Look at you. You're scared. Too scared to lose. Well if I am a Narcissist, I won't lie. You? You're too afraid you would lose this body to the ground, to the dirt, when one day your soul is sucked out of your lungs, you would scream-"
"Silence-"
"-you would scream, all these, everything, you feel that the world is going to leave, but it's going to be you! How you would wish that you could plead to stay, and you would scream, you would plead for everything to come with you,"
"-Shut up!!"
There was silence. Until she started to move her lips to speak again, head tilted to salute the pebbles near her toes.
"We live in two different worlds. We don't fit each other. I live in this cubicle of firewalls while you are the fire. You don't think you'd be able to knock on my door, do you?"
Every reason to walk away became a refugee, somewhere underneath locked closets of secrets. Too difficult to reach. An arm soon strove up. What is this feeling, this...
"You're a sad being. Huh. Too bad I am even worse. I waited for you."
As she turned she ripped it off. It was her heart, bleeding, beating. It slipped off her hand, effortlessly with a splatter the colour of crimson.
"Huh," She giggled. "Pitiful creature, me."

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel like sharing your thoughts? Make yourself at ease! :)