Creative Commons License
This work by Phyto Hystrix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Hummers, too.

...whatever you do, keep your intentions right; lillahitaala. He will guide you through the hardest paths and darkest days. Smile and fear not any hardship, for He's around. :)

March 3, 11.32 p.m.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

All the Way

Hello there!

Sorry I couldn't find time to cover this post on Language Camp '09 earlier,hope this very brief post can at least be adequate to cover the whole happenings in Hosba Valley,down in Jitra Kedah. Oh yes,it was a great place,one of the most beautiful PLKN camp I've ever seen! Foods were nice too!


Something,the most valuable thing I will never forget from the English Language Camp (ELC) 2009 is,the friendship that we,Penang Campus have with Ipoh Campus. Friendship flourished=new friends from other IPGM! Hooray!
We did their cheer,which sounded like "Gambate,gambate,Ipoh,Ipoh!",clapping,stamping on the floor. And they thanked us with applause. No...we didn't want applause,friends... Now do our cheer! And they asked us how,and friendly fellows from sweet Penang Campus came forward to do a demo. Ah-ha! In a short while there was a loud shout from the fellows dressed in purple batik, "I-P-G-M,PENANG CAMPUS!"

Look! Who's got new friends from Ipoh! "Ipoh mali talak sombong.." (their line in Rasa Sayang song which was performed in the closing ceremony) See the one in black batik? That's an IPBL rep,our great-to-have-around-photographer!

Wow. Shiver down the spine! Haha! Great,now IPGM PC has got bestfriends from IPIP,IPBL and....what's the name...oh yes,IPKB. Wait,wait...don't throw me tomatoes or rotten egg,I love them! Throw me something I hate,like...money,or hand phones,laptops,MP4..!
Our friendship with IPKB has another story behind it.

A fellow from IPKB had been bothering my PIC's mind with phonecalls about Language Games (which we were to handle in collaboration with them). The question was, "How did she get my number???"-Mr. Stai.

Heck,I went off to the LC without my usual 24/7 Partner in Crime,had him replaced temporarily,with a temporary Partner in Crime-who is one of our most honoured family member;En Bagan,with the task of dealing with IPKBians for the very first time,FACE TO FACE. It scared me off,but I...I just had to...! I-well,-pleaded to my PIC (in a macho way,so that he won't know that I was pleading,) to pray for my courage and will to carry the task out.(Owh,now he'll know that I was pleading..! Never mind...)

I've never had any experiences myself,talking with her over the phone,until I sat with her across the table,discussing about the LG before the day of the activity at the camp itself. I brought the acting 2nd COHORT person, En Bagan and the ELC Chairperson; Shirley,along (as sidekicks) for the late night talk before we went back to our rooms. I was prepared with very little...little...knowledge of the girl and advices from Mr Stai. (which I also begged for,due to my sudden abnormal anxiety disease).


Shirley's reaction towards the discussion was;

"She's just that determined kind of person."

And we worked with the IPKBians,sometimes with unpleasant questions which had made me very defensive and cautious towards them. Complaints from the family members came up as days passed. I said to myself, "Huh..you're going to get it..." But owing to the need for us to cooperate,I had to hold myself back. The very least I could do was to call up my PIC,telling him how we were doing there. I breathed uneasily,standing by the pond,feeling very disturbed as I talked on the phone.

En Bagan: "Ha,ha,ngadu dgn Stai!"

(Ceh En Bagan,bio le!)

Hey,this IS a long story!

The day came,their bus;as unfortunate enough-broke down! leaving us half-panicked when we got the news. Hectic,hectic. Shirley,En Bagan and I ran about here and there,checking the flow. But we soon got over it and went through. Alhamdulillah it was over! We thanked the participants,and...met the other team mates of IPKB. Now,this is the part when we actually became friends. Nadiah and her partner Umi thanked us,and apologized for the inconvenience. So did the COHORT Leader. I was cool again,slowly I regained some peace of mind...we thanked them,and apologized too.

Phew...the camp went on with other great activities-the enjoyful skits,the heart-stopping public speaking(for me it was,because I took part in it),the ever-waited-for choral speaking,the BBQ night...until the day came for us to leave.

I thought that was it. Nope,IPKB had their bus parked side by side with our coaster,and near to our bus,forcing us to glance at their faces as we went on board. I suddenly had Nadiah grabbing me by the neck,when I was about to walk away after having a few last words of "thank you","great to work together" and "hope to see you again some day".

Me: "What?"(non-verbally)
Them: "Take a picture with us!"

Oh,goodness...she rested her arms firmly on my shoulder,close enough that I felt warm on that cold morning,and I was suddenly surrounded by a group of smiling IPKBians,together with En. Pyan and Zalia who took the photos. A few IPPPians near the coaster stopped and gazed with mouth half-opened,smiling. I didn't believe I was there taking photos eith them too,but it was real,I was awake,so were they. My friends and I weren't dreaming.

That was how our friendship fluorished! IPPP-IPKB.

Thank you to all of my dear friends-leaders,committee members,facis,and all COHORT 2 family members,for their will and contributions to make it happen for IPPP and COHORT 2. We're awesome when we're together.


In ever-lasting memory of great friendship,

IPPP-IPIP-IPBL-IPKB-IPSAH-IPBA-IPIK-IP GAYA-IPTI
English Language Camp, 4th - 8th May 2009

4 comments:

  1. The Ipoh cheer sumthing like the Hakka cheer izit. It's always nice to meet n make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i'm not mistaken...it's IPBL's. They suddenly lined up at the upper part of the hall and did the Hakka cheer-and grabbed everyone's attn in an instance! Yup,great to hv such a friendship! Really enjoyed the camp...I want to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but i'm not part of it!
    :C
    *makes face of saddest being on the planet*

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course u were..not being physically there doesn't mean a thing,well-i know,i did want u to be there really badly too,but i understand,n i must thank u..u did so much u deserved a break n in the same time,the joy u could've had during the camp;i won't deny.but the play was indeed ur very own personal achievement n joy,apart fr anythg else. u got it replaced w sumthg way off better. n as for ourselves,we realized that u really matter to the cohort.. (mak aih,pnjgnye!)

    ReplyDelete

Feel like sharing your thoughts? Make yourself at ease! :)